AdSense

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Is It Real?

I hear the usual.
I hear the praise,
Is it real?
I hear the love,
Does it feel real?
Is the symbol,
Do they make it real?
I see the label,
Do they make it real?
I have seen people close who are like blood,
But it turns to snakeoil when you need them.
I have known people of joy,
But they feel like have better things,
“I have a life!”
I have seen professionals,
But they are poor excuses for a lazy man’s efforts.
I have been in places for fun,
But they look at meek self
And see an ogre;
While the monsters are seen
More Jekyll than Hyde.
So I ask,
Were they real?
I seen love,
Girls who say they care,
O, o Weary heart,
Yee who yearns company
And wishes for hugs.
When one might be found,
They turn away.
I try to be strong,
But deep down,
I don’t know if it’s real.
I’m afraid to ask questions.
Instead of Kindly Rogers,
I get the Twist Headmaster.
One question,
Everything’s gone.
I ask,
Were they real?
All that is left are the angels that are too high,
They sing the sweet songs,
They show sweet love,
But I ask,
Is it real?
Now I am people that love,
People who are kind,
People with heart,
But the damage is far too worn from the past.
And it makes me ask,
Is it real?
I want my life with purpose,
I know there is a reason to be.
But I ask if I die,
Will love be real?

I don’t know.

No comments:

AdSense